So I have actually received two of these blog awards before and failed to do the assignment because I was too lazy! But my friend, Karen, over at “Modern Day Storyteller” gave me this one and I have decided to participate.
*Realized that in writing this post yesterday I spent so much brain power on thinking of 7 things and 7 blogs that I failed to express the huge amount of gratitude I feel for receiving this award from Karen. Karen is one of those I place in the “brilliant writer” category, so it is truly an honor for her to acknowledge my blog in this way. Thank you sooo much Karen!!!
The requirement here is for me to tell 7 things about myself that you do not know and choose 7 blogs to pass the honor onto. So here goes:
1. I have been the proud dog mommy to Oscar and Lilly (2 mini Dachshunds) for 10 years and somehow have managed to allow them to become MONSTERS! As they are entering their golden years they seem to be more spastic and wild then ever before and I am at a loss as to how to control them.
2. I met my husband at a cheesy night club and was attracted to him because he had long hair (and subsequently months later I was the one who encouraged him to cut it all off).
3. I am about 6 credit hours short of having a history degree, but probably couldn’t beat a fifth grader in a history quiz contest.
4. The very first time I attended my Unity Church and listened to the female minister speak the thought (via the still small voice) that went through my head was “That’s what I want to do.” (Now whether or not I ever do it is a whole other story…)
5. Two of my all time favorite movies are “Fight Club” and “American History X” both of which star Edward Norton and have some intense violence.
6. When I was in Junior High I was a bit delusional and wanted to be a model…so instead of going with my family on a trip to Hawaii, I chose to attend John Casablanca’s Modeling School.
7. I taught for two years in an inner-city school, where my second graders threw chairs, flipped desks, and cursed when they got upset… But all that being said, I loved them and always seemed to connect the most with the kids the other teachers warned me about.
Now who to pass the award on to….
1. My friend Stacia has started blogging fairly recently. After only a handful of posts she has managed to stir my emotions more than any other blogger I’ve read. I have laughed out loud, cried, and shared in her annoyance! It is a treat to stop by “Ribbon Off My Eyes.”
2. Kasey happens to be one of the most positive and genuinely sweet people I know. I’ve been following her blog from day 1 and it is always a joy to read. She shares her love for music, movies, family, friends, and God with her readers. Her blog is titled “Midnite Monologues.”
3. I know I have mentioned “Why Is Daddy Crying” before and must give him another shout-out for being funny and entertaining. Currently he is dealing with what a lot of other Americans are dealing with…job loss. His blog of course now has a new twist. We are all meeting a whole new side of Daddy as he takes on more responsibility with the kids as his “wifey” goes off to work. I wish him much luck in his job search!
4. The first time I ever visited @OpinionatedGift’s blog the post was exactly what I needed to read at the moment. After that, I sort of made a point to become his friend. That was 5 or so months ago and now I think I can officially call him “friend.” His blog is called “Gifts of Thought” and reading his opinions is quite a gift!
5. Carlene was the very first tweeter that I started following. She is a survivor of abuse and refuses to cling to a victim mindset. She is amazingly strong and talented. You can read her writing and see her photography (which mostly stars her adorable Yorkie, Cooper) at “An Unrelenting Optimist.”
6. Kelli’s (AKA: Mountain Mama) was the first blog I ever started reading regularly. What struck me immediately was her beautiful writing. I am so often inspired by her posts. She reminds me to be in the moment, take care of my family lovingly, and most of all nourish my soul. She writes quite a bit about raising a family in the mountains of Kentucky and it is all fascinating to this “city girl.” Take the time to visit “A Mountain Mama’s Blog.”
7. Renee started blogging shortly after I did. Like Kelli, she is an amazingly talented writer! She is blunt and honest as she writes about her life and observations. Renee is also very interactive and rarely lets a comment go without a response. You can read her posts at “An Unexplored Wilderness.”
8. Okay, I’m cheating now but I can’t end this post without mentioning the lovely and inspiring Grateful Kim! Her blog is a joyful and uplifting must-read! You can visit it here…”Gratefulkim’s Blog.”
*If you got a nod from me here, you are supposed to pass it on and of course mention my blog when you do, but I’ll forgive you if you don’t. Trust me, I understand!