Someone sent me an article yesterday about a book called “Life After Death: The Evidence.” When I opened the link and started reading, I just couldn’t finish it. You see the author of the article was a major skeptic and was writing about how they think the afterlife is bullshit. Since I stopped reading, I don’t even know what their arguments were. It pissed me off because I am over here being BOMBARDED with signs from you. There are WAY TOO many for it to be coincidental. It’s getting to the point now that I have to write them down to remember and I am starting to forget many that I have already received. I thought I’d list them all here, so you know I’m aware.
1. When I thought you were just in a coma I kept asking you what you were going to do. The answer I got was that you had done all that you wanted to do and you were leaving. I didn’t want that to be true, but Mark asked me what my gut said and I told him I knew you were gone. I prayed that my cell phone wouldn’t ring because I knew what that would mean.
2. All day as I traveled to NC I asked you to give me a sign and I kept thinking if you’d send me anything, it would be a frog. When I came out of the restroom at a rest stop, there at my feet was a frog. I sat down, picked it up, and called Kristin.
3. I have also asked you twice to help me out with decision making and when I started to make the wrong decision I got a terrible tummy ache. When I put myself back on track, in the right direction, I felt better.
4. When Kristin and I were sitting on her porch Monday night she said “I just want to call Amy.” When she said that the wind began blowing and the wind chimes went crazy. I got chills all over and sat staring at the empty chair at the table. Somehow I felt or knew you were sitting in it, right across the table from Kristin.
5. I got chills and goosebumps every time I talked about you and every time I hugged your mom. At one point she said “Leslee!” and I replied “It’s Amy.” She called me last night and the second I heard her voice the goosebumps came back. (I haven’t felt them much since I’ve been back in Florida. It actually scared me because I was afraid I was too far away to feel you.)
6. After the funeral at your mom and dad’s house I was sitting on the couch with your mom talking to the neighbor. He was talking about his wife and said “What am I? Chopped liver?” I had been thinking of you saying that to my dad for days. It was one of those funny moments that always stood out to me.
7. I let you pick out my outfit for the funeral and when Candie saw me she said “Look we’re all wearing green.” It was your favorite color and not a bit surprising that you dressed us all. I kept the heels on for 2 hours but then had to change.
8. I listened to Incubus all the way home and felt like you were speaking to me through the lyrics. “I wish you were here.” “She called out a warning, don’t ever let life pass you by.” “Goodbye, nice to know you.” and one that I can’t quite remember but is something like “Something inside me has told me more than twice today that you are the air I breathe.” Also found out that the end of that CD is a 30 second chorus of crickets and FROGS.
9. I’ve seen a lot more frogs. A little girl gave a toy frog to the girls in a restaurant. I was holding one of Kelly’s twin babies and noticed she was wearing a froggie outfit. I saw 3 frogs on Halloween night as I wondered around lost. Yesterday there were 21 little frogs in the sliding board at my friends house and Bella was trying to catch them with her friend.
10. Most recently today I was at the grocery store waiting for my sushi to be made and I walked over to the florist area (of course as always thinking Amy send me a message) and there was a teddy bear holding a pillow with a butterfly on it that said Best Friends Always. Then I started listening to the music on the speakers and this song came on….
I know this isn’t all of them, like I said I’m losing track. You were the one who helped me remember…what am I going to do without you to call? Which reminds me, when your mom called me last night she asked me to come home just like you kept doing. Get to work Angel Amy! I love you so much and still missing you. Wondering if I will ever stop thinking about you…