Last week I received this blog award from Sabreena over at The Maternal Experiment. I was very honored to receive the award and have finally set aside the time to accept it properly.
To accept the award I am to write seven things that you don’t know about me. This is a tough one because after a year of doing this, you all know a lot. I will try not to repeat myself though. After I’m finished with my seven things list, I need to pass on the award to 15 bloggers that I have recently discovered and contact them about their award.
Here’s the list of facts:
1. Mark and I have been together 13 years. We met at a cheesy nightclub called Have a Nice Day Cafe. He called me the next morning around 10:30 (waking me up) and we went on our first date that afternoon (To Reedy Creek Park and Subdude’s).
2. I really don’t like to shop and to this day I mope like a child if you take me for a long shopping trip.
3. I used to be obsessive about being on time for things but after showing up embarrassingly early for too many events and having two kids, I’ve loosened up a bit. I finally buy into the “fashionably late” concept.
4. In college I worked at a Hallmark store and a comedy club. The hours at the Hallmark store were better but the entertainment at the comedy club made up for the late nights.
5. When I was younger, I never expected to leave NC but since marrying Mark I have lived in Ohio, Texas, and Florida.
6. Of the New Year’s resolutions I made the only one I’ve kept is making and serving dinner at the homeless shelter once a month. I really love doing it!
7. The Wire is my all-time favorite TV series and every time I think of excellent writing and amazingly real characters I think of that show.
Now for the 15 bloggers (that’s a lot considering I’ve been spending most of my time offline these days):
Julio @ Musings of a Madman
Jenny @ Something Within
Nicole @ Kitterztoo
Pauline @ Aspiring Mama
Mandy @ Gamecock Mama
Will @ *Detour
Tom @ The Rant
Crystal @ The Breeder Files
Angie @ The Artist, The Mom
Deanna @ Fun Mama
Jade and Cat @ Half Way to the Moon
Jase @ Hope in the Aftermath
Jill @ Just My Thoughts
Thanks again for the award and I hope I revealed something new and interesting (haha) for you. Also enjoy checking out my blogging friends’ places!