I don’t really believe in making resolutions. I’ve only ever been successful at keeping a resolution once and that was about 9 years ago. But if I was going to make them, here are some of the things I’d like to do/be/achieve this year.
1. Lose 20 pounds by eating healthy and exercising every day. (Even if I don’t lose the 20, I still want to eat healthy and exercise daily because I just feel better and my body works better when I do.)
2. Meditate twice a day totalling at least 40 minutes every day no matter what!
3. Read from the Bible (thanks Heather), A Course in Miracles, or Joel S. Goldsmith for at least 10 or 20 minutes a day.
4. Start volunteering once a month with a friend from church at The Shelter feeding a meal to the homeless.
5. Write a novel!
6. Continue to post on the blog daily.
7. Journal each day especially about all that I am grateful for.
8. Keep in touch with people.
9. Keep the house clean and clutter-free.
10. Practice yoga at least 3 times a week.
11. Set a schedule for internet “checks” and stick with it!
12. Last but absolutely MOST IMPORTANT is to spend more quality time with the girls and Mark!!!!
So now that I’ve made the list, I am surrendering it! Some of it will happen because it is meant to and some of it will not. As long as I am aware enough to hear the still small voice and to pay attention to the signals my body sends me, I should be just fine. I have a good feeling about 2010, that is for sure. 2009 was a year for change and rebirth, 2010 will be the year for me to discover who I am and what I’m capable of now!